London Conference in Critical Thought 2017
London South Bank University
30 June & 1 July 2017
Call for Papers
The sixth annual London Conference in Critical Thought (LCCT), hosted by the School of Law and Social Sciences at London South Bank University, will offer a space for an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas for scholars who work with critical traditions and concerns. It aims to provide opportunities for those who frequently find themselves at the margins of their department or discipline to engage with other scholars who share theoretical approaches and interests.
Central to the vision of the conference is an inter-institutional, non-hierarchal, and accessible event that makes a particular effort to embrace emergent thought and the participation of emerging academics, fostering new avenues for critically-oriented scholarship and collaboration.
The conference is divided into thematic streams, each coordinated by different researchers and with separate calls for papers, included in this document. We welcome paper proposals that respond to the particular streams below. In addition, papers may be proposed as part of a general stream, i.e. with no specific stream in mind. Spanning a range of broad themes, these streams provide the impetus for new points of dialogue.
- Art in the Time of Capital
- A/Political Feeling
- Bridging Memory, Temporality and the Digital
- Constructing Cultures of Collective Freedom
- Desire and the Political: Exploring the Not-All of Language
- Economies of Cultural Knowledge
- Theorizing Ethics and Politics in Ethnographic Practice
- The Good is Perfected by Care
- Habit, Addiction, and Thought
- NUDGE: Interdisciplinary perspectives on choice architecture
- Politics and the Theological
- Politics of Poverty
- Radical Hospitality
- Vernacular Aesthetics of the Global City
The Full text of the call for papers can be found at:
Please send paper/presentation proposals with the relevant stream indicated in the subject line to paper–email@example.com. Submissions should be no more than 250 words and should be received by the 31 March 2017.
Participation is free (though registration will be required).
Further details on the ethos and organisational structure of the LCCT can be found at londoncritical.org. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.